Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Creamy Leek, Mushroom & Baby Pea Pies

Okay, so they're not REALLY pies, but they're certainly creamy, leeky, mushroomy and contain a good helping of baby peas. This dish really is incredibly simple to make, with the hardest preparatory step being the slicing of the leeks. After I got through about 300g of the leeks, I was wishing that there would be some kind of magical kitchen fairy like they have on cooking shows, so that my ingredients would all arrive pre-cut, pre-washed and ready to assemble.

I used Swiss Brown mushrooms for flavour and forgot to put in a few grinds of black pepper which would have topped off the dish nicely. The mountain bread crisps up so beautifully in the oven. It not only looks impressive (although I'm impressed by anything that comes out of the oven that isn't black), but gives you something firm to dip into the creamy goodness within.

No comments: